Terms and Conditions
Use of this site constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions which take effect on the date from which you first use the site. The European Commission and the site administrators, EurO&M SA working on their behalf, reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. You are responsible for reviewing this notice regularly to ensure that you are aware of the regulations currently in force. Your continued use of the site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
This notice was last updated on 05/11/2002.
You agree to use this site only for legal purposes, and in a manner which does not restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Defamatory, obscene or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site is not allowed.
The material on this site, including contributions to the interactive sections (Discussion Forum, News, Poetry, Chat Room, Links) do not necessarily reflect the views of the European Commission or the site administrators EurO&M, who assume no responsibility for that content.
The European Commission, or the site administrators EurO&M acting on their behalf:
- reserve the right to refuse or remove any contribution without warning and without giving a reason.
- do not warrant that material contained in this site will be error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or bugs. Users are advised therefore to ensure adequate protection against any technical problems which may arise.
- do not wish to stifle debate on this site. However, all contributions must remain respectful to individuals, organisations and specific countries. Contributions, through content or vocabulary, judged abusive, rude, defamatory, insulting or otherwise detrimental to individuals, sectors of society, nations, racial or religious groups, organisations, institutions, companies or governments are not acceptable, and will be removed without prior notice or explanation.
All contributions must relate to the objectives of the European Year of People with Disabilities as expressed in the Decision of the European Parliament and the European Council which can be downloaded from the Information section of this site. In summary this means that contributions must relate to the promotion of language learning and the development of multilingual skills.
Complaints from other users will be taken seriously and will be analysed against the general aims and objectives of the European Year, these terms and conditions and the general guidelines for contributions. If a contribution is judged to breach any of the Guidelines or to fail to relate sufficiently to the objectives of the European Year of People with Disabilities, the Commission reserves the right to refuse or withdraw publication of the relevant contribution without prior notice.
This site is provided to users in 11 interface languages. This means that all general instructions and information are provided in all of the 11 languages which feature at the foot of each page of the website. Contributions may be submitted in any language. No contributions will be translated, and the accessibility to all users of contributions posted in character sets other than Roman or Greek is not guaranteed.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Belgium. Disputes arising here from shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Belgium.
If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
The European Commission and the site administrators, EurO&M acting on their behalf, would like you to enjoy using the interactive facilities offered in this website. The rules which follow are intended to ensure that all users will find contributions relevant, accessible, tasteful and constructive. Therefore:
Illegal, defamatory, harmful, obscene, racially offensive, or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
- Be considerate. Users of all ages, nationalities and abilities will be contributing to the web-site.
- Contributions will not be translated. Users are therefore encouraged to consider their audience when writing and posting their contributions. Remember, contributions do not need to be word-perfect: the important thing is to join in and to get your message across.
- No advertising. The "Links" facility is however open to sites relevant to the aims of the European Year of People with Disabilities, whether they be commercial or not in nature.
- Impersonating someone else is unacceptable. Your user name should be your own. We reserve the right to remove contributions which have been posted using false or rude user names.
- You agree to only post materials to which are free of copyright, or for which you own the copyright or other permission to distribute electronically. Material will be removed from the sight if it is discovered that ownership rights have been infringed.
- The European Commission and the administrators of this site acting on their behalf will not publish or provide your email address or other personal data to anyone without seeking your approval either explicitly on the site, or by e-mail.
If you fail to abide by these House Rules and/or the Terms and Conditions, your contribution will be withdrawn or refused without prior warning. The European Commission and the administrators of this site reserve the right to delete any contribution, at any time, for any reason.
You require the following features installed in your computer:
We would like to recommend Internet Explorer 4 or Netscape 4 (or later) to read these web-pages. Please note that with Netscape you may not be able to read some Greek characters. Free downloads are available in the Help page.
Some links on this site enable you to read long documents. These are generally .pdf files. To be able to read those files, you will need to install Acrobat Reader which can be downloaded from the help page.
The minimum dimension for the site is 800X600. Please check with your own help-desk if you think there may be a problem with your screen.
The download speed depends on your modem capacity. If it takes a long time for you to download the site, or to move within it, it may be that the only solution is to increase your modem capacity. You should seek help from your normal technical support people if you think there is a problem at this level.
Use the sitemap to see the organisation of the pages.
<< back to previous page