Swedish Design without Obstacles combines design and disability through two seminars and two exhibitions. The seminars are held the 31st of January and the exhibitions are opened the 1st of February. Both seminars and exhibitions are free of charge but the former require registration. Please find extensive information on www.swedishtrade.com/belgium and www.swedenembassy.be
* Raising awareness and discussions about equal rights of disabled people.
* One of the two seminars will bring up the area of awareness raising and combating negative attitudes. What role do mass media play in creating the image of people with disabilities? What role do these attitudinal barriers play in the crucial area of employment? What measures could lead to a change of attitudes?
* To exchange experience of good practice between Belgian and Swedish organisations and companies and hopefully in the long term reinforce cooperation.
* The second seminar will discuss possibilities and difficulties in exporting assistive devices within new technology.
* The exhibition "Design for every body" will show objects within universal design, one way of taking away some of the discrimination that disabled people are facing.
* To show that everyone has the right to have fun and learn. The second exhibition "Fun for challenged kids" exposes assistive devices, educational aids and toys for disabled children.
Documents open in a new window.
- Invitation to seminars
pdf | 34K | English
- Project description
pdf | 38K | English